Home/Support/Support Forum/Rabbit 6000 series backup battery current consumption.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Rabbit 6000 series backup battery current consumption.

0 votes
Hi sir,
May I ask what is the backup-battery current consumption for rabbit 6000 series? The datasheet (Rabbit® 6000 Microprocessor User’s Manual - page 428) only put current consumption as "to be determined".
asked Jul 10, 2013 in Rabbit by maniac84 New to the Community (3 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer
You would need to see details in the manual for the specific core module. For the RCM6700 see Appendix G in the user manual at this link http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90001191_E.pdf.
answered Jul 11, 2013 by trooper2 Veteran of the Digi Community (589 points)
selected Jul 12, 2013 by maniac84
That's what I'm looking for! Thanks!
Looking at it, RCM6750 will use 120uA from backup battery during power off. Is there anyway we can reduce it?
0 votes
As another answer, I recently completed an exchange with tech support regarding battery consumption of the RCM6750. The number from them was 50uA. The actual text from the response was:

"The maximum current is 50uA. Because of process variation in R6k production we can not tell what current individual processor will consume."

That's a big difference from 120uA. You might want to really get after support for another number.
answered Sep 11, 2013 by daveoman New to the Community (7 points)