Home/Support/Support Forum/X4 iDigi Starter Kit for home automation
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

X4 iDigi Starter Kit for home automation

0 votes
Hi all,

I purchased the X4 iDigi Starter Kit with two adapters, Analog IO Adapter XBee and XBee Adapter Digital IO, I am in a home automation project and have the following question, which should be used for the monitoring and network control; custom presentation or custom driver?, my idea is to control variables such as temperature, light, security (presence sensor associated with the adapter).

Would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Greetings

Marcos
asked Feb 19, 2011 in Python by mroussillon New to the Community (6 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

15 Answers

0 votes
You'll probably have to do both (or just write it from scratch - see the wiki pages for help: http://www.digi.com/wiki), as you'll need a custom presentation to allow you to make the changes, and a driver to accept the custom changes. You may be able to get away with just modifying the drivers or using a custom service, but it's really just up to you!
answered Feb 21, 2011 by charliek Veteran of the Digi Community (408 points)
0 votes
I have the same problem, the thing is, in all the examples showed in the wiki, I can't find the way to modify the value of a sample.

In example, if you wish to turn on a led on the development board if the temperature of a xbee sensor reach some specific value, you need to:

Suscribe to the xbee's temperature channel
When it changes, modify (write) the value of the led1's channel of the development board.

I still can't find the way to do so...

Please help.
answered Feb 21, 2011 by willyvaldez New to the Community (6 points)
0 votes
Take a look at the source code for the 'transforms' device. This demonstrates using the channel publisher to subscribe to a channel. You can also find this in the 'rpm' driver as well as it subscribes to determine the power state.

If you want to use that value to set another settable channel on another driver, you can use the channel database to gain a reference to that channel, and call the 'set' routine on that Channel object. This is equivalent to the same operation in the different presentations. To that end, you can look in the various presentations and their implementation of the set channel_set operation for that piece.
answered Feb 22, 2011 by DigiGuy42 Community Contributor (102 points)
0 votes
Hii..

You can check out following link....

It may help you...

http://www.digi.com/wiki/developer/index.php/Utility_script_to_get/set_AT_commands_on_local/remote_zigbee_nodes
answered Feb 24, 2011 by shahrj1988 Veteran of the Digi Community (263 points)
0 votes
Thanks friends for your help..

Regards
Marcos
answered Mar 5, 2011 by mroussillon New to the Community (6 points)
0 votes
Hi!

Try checking home theatre speakers , it might give you ideas.

Hope it helps! :)
Thank you!
answered Jul 11, 2011 by poohpiglet New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
Hi guys,

Could you please help me with these questions I have, I have the Connectport x4, and I need to know how can I restablish the system console for a running proyect, after I reconnect mi laptop to the gateway LAN so to see the system information in real time, which appears when I loading and executing the project through Digi ESP.
The other question is, what can I do, to notify me when a device is stolen or or is off, like an alarm messages after the coordinator lost communication with the device for some time.

Thanks and Regards

Marcos
answered Jul 16, 2011 by mroussillon New to the Community (6 points)
0 votes
For first question.

If you want to see the CPX4 system information in the real time, as you have not mentioned which exact info you need to see. But either you can try teleneting the gateway and apply cli command as 'show techsupport' or if the device is connected at that time to the idigi server than you can query the device from iDigi using rci request.

For Second question,
For checking whether device is online or not, that information also you can get from the rci query status report.
answered Jul 17, 2011 by shahrj1988 Veteran of the Digi Community (263 points)
0 votes
Reconnecting to stdout/stderr.

If you run your Python manually, then you cannot. Then that telnet session dies, all output goes to bit-bucket forever/until reboot.

If you start your Python with 'auto-start', then connecting with telnet and issuing the command 'set trace state=on mask=printf:*' will start dumping the Python 'print' info to you again.
answered Jul 18, 2011 by lynnl Veteran of the Digi Community (1,047 points)
0 votes
Hi guys,

I really need to know if exist a way to make a driver or a driver already done that have similar function that the wacht dog for monitoring devices in the PAN network, for example, if any device leaves the network for a period of time it sets an alarm.

If there isn't a driver already done. Is there any python function in the Xbee enviroment that give me a list devices in the network?.

BR
Marcos
answered Jul 20, 2011 by mroussillon New to the Community (6 points)